Denmark 2016

The featured image is of Wilson Inlet from the foreshore near our caravan.

On Wednesday I went to see Mum as usual. She was pretty vague, as usual. Jamie was home, but, perhaps through tiredness, was not quite as lively as usual. But, he looked well and I think is happy enough. I wonder if he found Mum changed. She and I watched the first episode of a TV series called ‘Vera’. I enjoyed it, particularly for the English scenery, but I’m not sure she enjoyed it as much.

When I got home I realised that I would not be able to do the shift I had booked in the morning and get ready to go, so I cancelled it. Thursday morning was very busy, with shopping to do as well. We had a rest after lunch, then finalised packing and took the van to have it’s tyres checked. Then up to Marie and Geoff’s.

We had a lovely time there. We inspected their van, a similar one to ours, but with single bunks. There are both pluses and minuses to the different setups. They helped us set up our van and we were able to use the caravan mover to put it into their carport, going over dirt/gravel. Marie had made savoury mince for tea, which we had with bread and butter. Followed by chocolate covered ice creams and chocolates.

We had the TV on, but spent a lot of the time talking and catching up. They had a fire going in the lounge which contributed to the evening.

We woke up at 6.00 a.m. in the morning and those who wanted a shower had them early, followed by breakfast. We got away at around 8.20 a.m. I think, quite a feat for us. They weren’t taking their caravan, but the API flats don’t include linen, etc. so still a fair bit to take. We took a back route through to Albany Highway and made our first stop at Gleneagles Rest area, just to have toilet visits.

Then on to Williams where we parked near the river and went to the cafe for snacks and drinks. This is partly to keep Glenn happy, but it kept us happy as well! I drove as far as Kojonup before taking a break. Geoff drove our car and I travelled with Marie and Glenn. We had such a nice time that the 95 kms went very quickly. Marie had driven two stages by then.

27365353431_de37aaa0b1_oWe had lunch at the service station in Mt Barker. It’s decorated in ‘gelato’ style, according to Marie. The food was tasty and good and we enjoyed this time together before they headed off to Albany and we to Denmark. Geoff had thoughts about escorting us all the way, but it would have made a lot longer journey for them and I felt confident of doing the last stage on my own.

It was a beautiful day, with high cloud and sunshine, and fairly warm, up to 21 degrees.

We should have known… Denmark in winter is always wet.

We went into town to pick up our wrist bands, then had tea in the caravan. We had packed two leftover meals, and had one of them with green beans and bread and butter, followed by cake, banana and yogurt. Then peppermint teas and chocolate. Then went to the evening concert ‘Dangerous Song’ where we met up with other choir members and Bernard and Eleanor. It was still warm and dry when we went in, but there had been a little rain when we got out.

We had showers before having tea, so just has washes and brushed teeth and went to bed. Although I was tired, I stayed awake for quite a while, not anxious, just enjoying being where we were. The rain and wind came in and persisted into Saturday morning. We enjoy the sound of rain when we are in the caravan, and the sense of being warm and dry so close to the wet.

So far, I’ve just taken photos on my iPhone.

Starcraft at Rivermouth Caravan Park

The two photos taken in Denmark look like they were taken on a slant, yet I am sure I held the iPhone straight.

Leave a Reply