Out of Home Adventures: Day 12

Our week at Roleystone

Matthew came to dinner on Sunday evening. He arrived here with Tin at about 3.30 p.m., to our surprise as he was picked up at 3.00 p.m. Glenn was assigned to the task of providing entertainment. He used his Wii and kareoke singing and we enjoyed seeing the videos and enjoying some old songs. I cooked a meal in our crockpot and we spent the time in the enclosure at the back of the house where there is plenty of room.

Monday was a very wet day, enjoyable because it was cool and misty here. Stephen went to German at Trinity and got home at about 4.00 p.m. Geoff picked him up because of the rain. Stephen went to choir via bus and train, then we picked him up at about 10.00 p.m. I had tea with Marie and Geoff. It was Geoff’s turn to cook and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Marie and I went to the Tilda workshop and had a good day with me learning to make little zippered purses. We came back and picked up the children from school. They stayed with Marie for tea, then were dropped home.

On Wednesday Stephen was meeting Les and some other colleagues in Midland, so Marie and I dropped him off and went to see Mum. We took her to Midland and had toasted sandwiches and coffee at Coffee Club. Things went quite well.

Afterwards we called in at Spotlight in Midland. I bought some things for the Winnie and some cushion filler.

Stephen’s coffee morning ended up finishing at about 3.30 p.m. and with all the changes of trains and final bus ride, he did not get home until 6.00 p.m. I cooked a pressure cooker meal to share.

Yesterday Stephen and I took Marie’s car to Cottesloe to meet with his family for brunch. $10 breakfasts at the OBH. We had a good time catching up with everyone’s news. Afterwards we went to City Subaru to pick up Stephen’s prize of a box of Easter eggs. He bought a raffle ticket when we were having repairs done last week. I saw a GP to check on my imunity from blood tests last week. All is looking good. Stephen waited in the library whilst I saw the doctor.

Then we headed home where Marie had prepared her special dish in the pressure cooker. We had desert with them, then headed ‘home’ to relax for the evening.

With full hookups here we are very comfortable. We are leaving the hot water system on all the time and Stephen has at least ventured to have showers in our little bathroom.

Today is a quiet day for us, though we plan to pack up and go to Victoria Park for tonight. Our house guests have invited us for a meal and we will stay in our van overnight somewhere so that we can see Matt on Saturday. We went for a walk this morning, not particularly early, but it was still quite cool. I spotted the Red Capped Wanderer in the bushland.

spotted - the Red Capped Wanderer (1 of 1)

Glenn was up at the same time as us, catching the bus to Kelmscott for breakfast.

Glenn and Stephen at the bus stop (1 of 1)

We are hoping that the family will help us to eat up the box of Easter Eggs and will take something with us when we see Matt tomorrow as well.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: