Still feeling the effects of jet lag

bus stop - 1

I posted photos of a couple of the new bus shelters on my last post. This is yet another one, on Albany Highway, apparently having a shopping trolley inside or nearby is a prerequisite, as the other bus shelters also had shopping trolleys. Maybe Coles will have to get the technology to lock the wheels to stop people taking them.

Yestereday we went into town to sort out a new SIM card for Stephen and get him onto a better phone plan. We like the new Telstra month to month plans for the flexibility. It took time in a very noisy shop. Stephen thought that the young people working there would find it OK, but I think even they would find it stressful. They are very busy solving people’s problems all day and have a notice up about zero tolerance of bad behaviour by customers, which suggests this is a problem. Perhaps some carpets and soothing music would work better.

After that, we checked out an exhibition at the Art Gallery, which we will take in at a later state. A couple of school groups of little kids made the gallery very noisy as well.

I had ordered the mattress pad for the Winnie, which was due to arrive somewhere between 1.00 and 7.00 p.m. and we needed to be back at the house to receive it. It comes rolled up and I’m excited to have the Winnie here next week so we can unroll it try it out.

mattress pad - 1

We had rests, then went shopping at about 6.00 p.m. If Pete is reading this, please note that I have bought some of the cashews from Coles that he mentioned, but have yet to try them out.

I went to bed at about 10.30 last night, but still had an early awake of around 4.30 a.m. Stephen was also awake, and we held on until 6.00 a.m. before having cups of tea. The early awakes mean we get tired during the day, but sleeping during the day leads to less rest at night, and so it goes. I’m wondering if the sheer length of time of our overseas stay has contributed to the difficulty of adjusting back to Perth time.

Stephen had one of his ‘spells’ yesterday in the late afternoon. His vision becomes wonky and he feels unwell. It lasted about half an hour and he didn’t tell me until later. He has had them in the past and his GP has told him to go to Emergency. However, he knows that he recovers and it’s non specific. His concern is arriving there, waiting for hours, and nothing being found. He didn’t have any of these spells whilst we were away, despite the stresses inherent in travel. However, getting back into things is even more ferocious in his case than mine because he wants to do everything musically that he did last year, without perhaps taking enough time to adjust. My commitments revolve mainly around family and are less demanding.



Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: